I thought I would share this podcast episode from Perry Noble’s Leadership Podcast. Perry Noble is the Senior Pastor of NewSpring Church in South Carolina. NewSpring began as a group of fifteen people meeting in a living room and has grown to more than 30,000 weekly attenders at 11 locations across the state. Perry will be the first to say that there’s no secret formula for being a successful leader, but there is a PERFECT example – Jesus Christ. This podcast is for those who are ready to be challenged in their faith and stretched as leaders and for those willing to do whatever it takes to be more like Jesus.
It’s easy for us to think that a growing church or organization must be doing everything right. But, as any leader will testify, sometimes growth happens in spite of bad decisions. The key is to learn from your failures.
That’s why we want to talk about this idea of ‘Failing Forward.’ Nobody wants to experience failure, but we all do. In one way or another, it’s something we all have in common. So, in this podcast we’ll share some things we’ve learned by our failures.
Interest quotes from this podcast.
- “Failure is an opportunity for focus.”
- “If we don’t learn from our failures, we will end up repeating our failures.”
- The worst mistake a leader can make when it comes to failure is try to fix it alone.”
- “One of the biggest problems that we, as leaders, deal with is pride.”
- “A leader will make their problem, or failure, worse when they try to hide their problem.”
- “The consequences of concealment are far greater than the consequences of confession.”
- “Failure is only final if you let it be.”